Player of the Month in October is Smärta Stickanen #038! This artistic soul has grown really fast from freshmeat to jammer and her ability to analyze the game is something to feel envy about. Interview by Vulvarine, pic by Krister Halttunen.
1.What appeals to you in derby?
Overcoming yourself and your fears, growing into a stronger person both mentally and physically, and all the awesome lovely people
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
It’s not a question about WHAT food as much as WHOSE food… I’m hooked on my mans cookings!
3. Your best derby-related memory?
Impossible to choose one. I stash all the big and small moments in the derby-section of my brain, and draw them out whenever I need a confidence boost.
4. How many referees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
As long as they’re not on the track while doing it it’s none of my business
5. In case of fire, what would you save first?
All my photos!
6. Best characteristic of Porvoo?
Everything you need is close by, even when you live in the center of town you can just hop on your bike and be in the forest in five minutes.
7. Tits or ass?
TITS! Everyday!!! Koska tissit on iloinen asia
8. When did you start playing roller derby?
9. Do you have a pregame ritual?
Does being a nervous wreck count as a ritual?
10. Does your player number have a meaning?
I wanted a number that is easy to hear, so that’s the zero. And 38 is the lotto number that statistics show Finnish people are most unlikely to choose.